After going for a wander into town I decided to buy a magazine (which I never do!). GLAMOUR magazine had a FREE “balance me” radiance face mask, plus a free sample of Garnier Moisture Radiance Gel and free sample scents of L’eau D’issey womens and mens cologne. All for £2! Bargain!!
I also read on a great site this week that if you are a mother of TWINS or TRIPLETS you can email Pampers Nappies explaining you are a “Multiple Mummy (or Daddy)” along with the babies birth certificates and you will be sent “FREE” vouchers for nappies. Must come in handy.
I also read this week that if you switch off your plugs at the wall each night you can save up to £80 a year electricity! Am going to do this, yes it will be a pain in the bum waiting for the sky box and router to warm up but hey, its worth it!
My son Tatun and I took a trip to our supermarket today. I am teaching myself a new way to shop. I spent most of sunday night looking for what deals were on (something I have never done before) and instead of grabbing anything that takes my fancy I made a…..wait for it….shopping list!!
Lots of bargains on in Tesco at the minute. Here are some of the best I found.
Uncle Ben’s Indian sauces – usually £1.79 each but 3 for £3
Felix Cat food – usually £3.68 each but 3 for £8
Dettol Wipes – Half Price
Jaffa Cakes – half Price
7UP – usually £2.08 each 2 for £2
EASTER EGGS!!! HALF PRICE…..ony £1.50 for decent size ones, Ones with cups!!
My Total should of been £135.30
I paid – £77.12
Savings of £58.18 🙂 🙂
Happy Emma xxx
Lets face it most of us like a drink or two….doesnt have to be wine could be a vodka bottle, whisky bottle, whatever your tipple. I decided in January to do the “Fiver Challenge”. Pretty simple really. Any £5 notes you get, you are not aloowed to spend. Roll them suckers up and stick them in your (empty) bottle. There is no way of getting them out once they are in you see. Keep this up, no matter how many bottles you fill, until December. Hey presto! Instant christmas present money!!. I also try and save as much loose change as I can. I have a Huuuge red plastic WKD bottle that I throw everything in. Even if every penny is a prisoner, every couple of days go through your purse or pocket and split the contents in half. Half to save, half back in your purse or pocket. Don’t be tempted to keep all the pound coins back “just in case”. Split the lot. You will be suprised how quickly it mounts up xxx
It started the same as everyone else really. I watched a programme and thought, I could do that!! I have an addictive personality and never do things by halves so thought lets see where it takes me. I used to think couponers and supersavers were a bight “tight”. It was never something I was interested in as I love to splash out on my kids at christmas and their birthdays. But once I started I was hooked. My boyfriend used to look at me with the “yes Dear” look whenever I came home and told him of a new saving made or coupon added, But once I totalled up the savings for January it came to a whopping £928.92!!!! How did I do this…….
- January Sales – I never usually bother but I went a little crackers. Online, in shops, I was looking for the best deals. I got some amazing bargains at BOOTS which have already come in handy for Birthdays, Anniversaries etc.
- Buying Second Hand – I run a sell site on Facebook for my local area and since we had just moved I bought some lovely bits for the house. Mirrors, Sofa’s, Living Room furniture. All for a fraction of the price.
- Swapping my Electricity Bill – I used to pay over the phone each time a bill came in but with Manx Utilities (and probably many other electricity companies) I switched to Direct Debit. I also switched to e-billing which saves 50p a month. may not sound a lot but by doing it this way I am saving £18 a year.
- Sky – After getting quite “shirty” with sky as I have moved 3 times in the past year and being charged £25 installation fee each time I was upset to hear of others that had been moved for free. I decided to cancel my subscription. After a chat with a lovely gentleman I managed to get a free installation, without having to sign up to a 12 month contract. Plus jiggling my package I managed to get £5.75 a month knocked off. Then I was informed that if you pay Direct Debit but through your card number NOT your bank account number you are charged 50p a month. So that immediately got changed! Total savings…£75 a year!!!
- Freebies – I send off for lots and lots of freebies (hence the photo, these were January’s freebies). I will be posting links up so you too can get all the goodies for free xxx
Two savings I found today on my own personal shop.
Andrex washlets….On offer in Boots for £1…….Iceland have them for 95p
Aptimil Baby Milk…..£10 in Boots…..£9.97 in Iceland.
This is not going to earn you millions but every penny is a prisoner xxx
Wow! Having thought about writing a blog. A few clicks on my iphone and here i am!! How good is that. A bit about me im 34……and 10 months. I have 3 wonderful children and at the minute i am a stay at home mum. Like all of us money is scarce so i decided my New Years resolution would be to save in every way I can. In January i saved over £900 and in feb over £700 so i thought i would keep a blog on it all and maybe even help a few of you save some pennies as well xxxx